A Coherently Incoherent Closing Event
Wednesday, May 31, 2017
6:30 – 9 pm
Hunter East Harlem Gallery
2180 3rd Avenue
New York, NY 10035
Please join Pablo Helguera and Dannielle Tegeder for an evening of poetry, music, and general incoherence. Celebrating the last week of The Incoherents Salon at Hunter East Harlem Gallery.
- Harlem Hidden History, a camera intervention by Paco Cao
- An absurd dialogue between Amélie Gaulier and artist Yana Dimitrova about and around the irregularity of the French vocabulary with a pinch of dramatic fantasy.
- "The Arlington Heights Suite" performed by Pablo Helguera with Brian Linden & Candace Thompson
- Cabaret piano tunes performed by pianist Sophie Zhang
- Slide-Show: a reading of image poems by Jérôme Game
- Special guest: Cardone the Ultimate Vaudeville Magician
Information on the performers:
Jérôme Game: is a French poet and writer whose work cuts across various practice and disciplinary borders, notably visual and sonic. He currently lives in New York where he teaches cinema and critical theory at CUNY. www.jeromegame.com
Amélie Gaulier-Brody: is a French-born performance artist based in Brooklyn since 2014. Her artistic practice is dedicated to embodying and playing with the conditions of the body, objects, architecture, ideas, live music, movement and voice. She has studied contemporary dance, theater, voice work with Meredith Monk, Andrew Morrish, Deborah Hay, Rosalind Crisp. She is the cofounder of HAM, high art moment collective.
Yana Dimitrova: Born and raised in Bulgaria, Dimitrova received her MFA in Painting(2008) from the Savannah College of Art and Design (USA). Her most recent exhibits took place in Brussels, (Belgium), Amsterdam (The Netherlands), Berlin (Germany), Manchester (UK), New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, Atlanta (USA) and Sofia (Bulgaria). Dimitrova is a lecturer at Parsons The New School for Design in New York. Through the use of paintings, drawings, embroideries and installations, Dimitrova questions perceptions of space, often using humor to critique concepts of desire and the proposed values of the every day.